CETCO’s Building Materials Group produces Volclay Waterproofing Products, which utilise the unique, high-swelling properties of sodium bentonite. This is a clay of volcanic origin with the ability of swelling many times its dry volume when in contact with water. In a confined state this forms a dense, impenetrable gel, that completely locks water and vapour out.
Some of the benefits of the Volclay Waterproofing System include:
- It is cost-effective compared to traditional waterproofing methods (reduced detailing; ancillary products; installation time / labour costs)
- Voltex can be installed in all weather conditions, has self-healing / sealing properties and has excellent peel-adhesion / self-bonding to concrete
- Conforms with BS 8102: 2009 (Type A, all Grades)
- The CETCO service includes: feasability study, independent project-specific technical advice, design guidance / technical drawings, on-site installation training & site inspections, as well as back up from our in-house Research & Development department
- CETCO System Warranty available
- BBA certified (86/1650)
- ISO 9001 & 14001 accredited Millions of square metres have been successfully installed worldwide.
Building on this success, CETCO’s Building Materials Group also have a Contracting Division which specialises in sealing water ingress in basement structures.